Google Apps for Education Maine Summit - Aug 16, 17



I am a huge fan and user of Google's many apps, tools, and resources. I have an Android phone, a Chromebook, use Chrome as my browser and use Gmail, Google Calendar, Tasks, iGoogle, Reader, Docs/Drive, Blogger and Google Sites on a daily basis. I love the simplicity, yet functionality of these apps and I share my enthusiasm and knowledge with other educators.


This summer there is an awesome event in the Northeast USA about Google in Education: The Google Apps for Education Maine Summit. 

This is a two day event, hosted at Yarmouth High School in Maine, August 16th and 17th. The event focuses on using Google Apps for Education in your school and classroom to improve teaching and learning. Presenters include Google Certified Teachers, Google Apps for Education Certified Trainers, Google Engineers, educators that use Google Apps, and representatives from the Google Apps for Education Team. There are two keynote presentations along with breakout sessions, demonstrations, and hands-on workshops.

There will be free parking and WiFi, continental breakfast and coffee with networking time each day, access to Google employees, and early bird registration is only $199.

If you use Google Apps, or want to learn how to implement them in your school, you should attend this event. Register at the site:  http://me.gafesummit.com/

That area of Maine is beautiful and one of my favorite places to visit. LL Bean's flagship store, along with other great attractions, are minutes away in Freeport. So after learning all day, you have plenty of opportunities for fun in the evening.



Related:

Why I use Google's Products as an Educator (and how)


Android Smartphone and Apps I use as an Educator












  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment